4.19.2011

now boarding all rows

Packing for a trip used to take me an hour the night before I boarded a plane.. Now, I've got three weeks until I board the plane and I've already made three checklists (different categories and bags, of course). Not only have I made three different checklists, but I've also made a shopping list and to-do list of things that need to be purchased/accomplished before I call the car service to pick me up and take me to the airport. I've also written down my list of outfits... as if I know what my mood will be like that day, or even what the weather will be like. I know that it's twice as warm where I'm going so how do I expect to plan outfits for weather like that when I'm still wearing a winter coat because NYC hates warm weather? I've always been an organized person, but this is verging on neurosis.

One thing I know, I will have the most intricately packed suitcase to accommodate the  three different outfits I will have planned out for each day. They will be packaged according to day, preference and/or time of day appropriateness, all of course donning labels (possibly made out of cut up paint sample cards as a visual queue indicative of preference) because I'm taking this new found neurosis to new levels. VOLUNTARILY.

TSA ain't seen nothin' yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment