3.17.2011

"i bought vogue instead of dinner"

This has to be my favorite Vogue cover as of late... possibly my favorite cover ever. I’ve been grappling with paint choices for my room (I’m the most indecisive of people when it comes to design choices.. I am just a fan of pleasing aesthetics all around), and this cover made it that much harder. I’ve picked up almost 50 paint cards in the last few weeks – half pink and half mint green – and two different paint samples… I still cannot make a decision. I’ve also been into the idea of putting pink toile wallpaper somewhere in my room, which has thrown my other design ideas for a loop. What if I did the pink toile as an accent wall and totally changed it up with mint green on the remaining walls? Too much? Maybe for an entire room, but for Lady Gaga on the cover of the March 2011 Vogue it certainly wasn’t. And since when did my love for minimalism fall by the wayside? That was kind of always my shtick. Anna, you’ve really got a hold of me.

I know that it’s a little late to be posting about the March 2011 cover (C’mon, Amanda, it’s been out for weeks now – that’s such old news… I know, I know), but it was really a preface to the April 2011 cover featuring a stunning, sultry, fiery Rhianna.

Seriously, could they have taken April’s cover in a better direction? No, because it’s perfect just the way it is. It was the perfect follow-up to the delicate, pastel March 2011 that made all of us fashion mavens yearn for Spring that much more. Also, those of us who secretly long to be gingers, well I think Rhianna and the Vogue team just threw in a curve ball. And I thought Taylor Tomasi-Hill had the perfect shade of red, but Rhianna may be giving the fair Tomasi-Hill and her secret UES Salon a run for their money. Although I don’t think many people could pull off such a vibrant red, I still think it’s fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment