2.12.2011

fashion week, y'all

fashion week is upon us. i remember my first fashion week like it was yesterday - probably because it was pretty much yesterday (since it was fall fashion week and all).

i wish i could take the whole week off and go to every event i could squeeze my way into - but alas, if i want to continue to support my fashion habit, then i'm going to have to remain a slave to these contracts. le sigh.

regardless, tonight is the nicky digital tribeca grand event with a dj set by yelle.. aesthetically pleasing clothes and fun, oh my! thursday is the opening of the guess flagship on 5th - i don't know how or why i was invited to the cocktail party, but i'm going, even if for only 30 minutes.



i know i should be spending my money on clothes and gearing up for the summer, but i can't do that until i've gotten in tip top shape for bikini season. the girls and i are coining the first ever "operation keap hope slim down," effective once eblank gets back from LA. i, however, have started an individual regimen that consists of our fitness contest at work (yes, Forbes has a penthouse gym, and yes, i am partaking in a Forbes fitness contest... i know.), and my new obsession - power yoga. i'm going to try some of the yoga to the people classes and see which i like best - but for now i'm getting my ass kicked with crunch power yoga. i guess that means i'll have to invest in more adorable gym clothes (if there are such things). and, yes, my primary concern is finding fashionable clothes to sweat and get my ass kicked in - NOT losing 20 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment