6.13.2010

you took a heart, i can take out you.



I know that it is only June, and there are (what feels like) 27 years of summer heat to endure, or three months.. Whichever you prefer. And, I know i should be enjoying the "fun-in-the-sun" activities, glossed over with SPF of course, but I can't help dreaming about the fantastic clothes I'll get to pile on in the fall. Considering I'm a novice when it comes to dressing for Philadelphia/New York  fall/winter weather (having spent my Thanksgivings on the beach), I can't wait to bundle up and cease the days of sitting in front of a window fan in the least amount of clothes I've sported in my adult life.

My wardrobe consists of little fabric and more skin in the days of 95 degree weather, and there always seems to be a popsicle in my hand at some point throughout the day. To me, I have more interest in fall/winter clothes because I can wear however many pieces I see fit and not spend the day looking, and feeling, like I just stepped out of a sauna. I think fall/winter wardrobes allow for the most creativity and my decreasing patience with the sweltering summer has left me even more anxious for color-changing leaves and snow days.

Before the fall/winter weather in the lovely Northeast begins, I am in dire need of adding these pieces from Pixie Market and Elie Tahari to my fall wardrobe. DIRE, I tell you. Also, the Elie skirt is from the 2011 Resort collection, but I think it fits perfectly with things I've got my eye on for the fall.

In order of appearance, not preference: L 13, Horace, Just FM, and Elie Tahari.

1 comment:

  1. I really really like the first sweater, Id don the third one, but Id feel a little alienesque. The positioning of the arms are just a little to awkward for me.

    www.thecollegeboundfashionsita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete