6.18.2010

it's the city that never sleeps.

SO, I landed my first job in New York City, and I'm about to embark on the adventure of my life! I was hoping my first city job would be at a publishing company, and low and behold, I got my wish. Although the position is a temp-to-perm position, I'm crossing my fingers that I can dazzle my department so much so that they decide to bring me on permanently... but the uncertainty of it all is terrifying and thrilling at the same time.

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to pull off commuting from Philadelphia to New York City until my position in the company is certain, but it appears as though I'll be lacking quality sleep and gaining endorphin and adrenaline rushes to sustain my sanity.

I may be jumping the gun on this whole situation by looking for apartments in Brooklyn already, but the thing I'm more eager for is the readily accessible fashion world at my finger tips. Living in Jacksonville, Florida taught me how to scour for things I want, but living in the City will allow me to stumble upon breathtaking pieces I wouldn't have known how to find otherwise. I'm a novice when it comes to fashion blogging, and lack the network to promote myself since not many of friends are interested in the fashion world, but once I start building my wardrobe and meeting people, hopefully I'll expand my network too. We shall see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment